Become a Member
Georgia Midwifery Association holds quarterly meetings most often in the Atlanta Metro area. Membership is limited to midwives and students only. Midwife members should be certified through the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM), the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB), or have met the requirements and are in the application process.
Rights of Members:
- Certified midwives shall be entitled to one (1) vote in all membership-wide ballots; shall be eligible for nominations to positions as officers; shall be eligible for membership on any committee; and benefit from GMA’s referral system.
- Provisional midwives (certification pending) shall be entitled to one (1) vote in all membership-wide ballots and shall be eligible for membership on any committee with the exception of peer review.
- Apprentice midwives shall be eligible for membership on any committee with the exception of peer review.
Members must have and follow practice guidelines. They must provide informed consent and agree to participate in peer review if a complaint is received or other issues arise.
- Practicing midwives – $40 per year
- Students including those in primary under supervision status – $20 per year.
- Dues are to be paid by the first meeting of the year. For members joining after July 1st the dues are reduced to $20-midwives/$10-students for the remainder of the year.
To join, please send your membership application along with a check (made payable to GMA) to:
Debi Thomas, CPM
540 Shay Lind Ct
Lilburn, GA 30047